There are a variety of local, state and federal financial programs available for businesses for startup and expansion. If you want further information regarding business location assistance or incentives, please contact the City Clerk’s office. (618 932-3262 Ext 107)
West Frankfort has the ability to offer some or all of the following incentives to prospective businesses and employers:
· Extension of water and sewer lines at no cost or at reduced cost
· Waiver of water and sewer tap-on fees
· Waivers of building permit cost
· Extension of access roads into industrial site at no cost or at reduced cost
· Provide a building site at no cost for businesses that create economic opportunity and jobs for the area
· Extension of power into property as needed at no cost or at reduced cost
West Frankfort will work with the Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity to secure a fully competitive incentive package from the state following the tentative selection of a site and subject to establishment of minimum employment targets.
· Site Improvements through the Large Business Development Program (LBDP)
· Training Assistance through the Illinois Employer Training Investment Program (ETIP)
· Tax Credits through the Economic Development for a Growing Economy Program (EDGE)
· Community Development Assistance Program (CDAP) grants to a governmental entity to loan to a qualified company for equipment and machinery purchases.
· Transportation Improvements through the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT)